As an Amazon Associate, Robode may earn from qualifying purchases.
Most of the gear that we have encountered in the smart technology space has been designed with a specific goal in mind, but the Switchbot Smart Switch Button Pusher is a genuinely flexible bit of kit. Smart bulbs will generally illuminate the home, while a smart fridge will keep your food chilled and often act as a meeting place for the family too. However, the Switchbot Smart Switch Button Pusher is different, and it could be everything that someone seeking to smarten up their home needs to bring their existing tech bang up to date.
- 🎈 Universal - Works with just about any rocker switch and button of any appliance. Smart button pusher for your smart home.
- 🎈 Timers - Use the SwitchBot App to schedule built-in timers, run without phone or Hub. Turn lights or home appliances on/off automatically even when you’re away.
- 🎈 Extended battery life - Extreme power saving Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). 600 days of use powered by a replaceable battery.
- 🎈 Easy to set up - 5-second installation. Tape it right next to a rocker switch or button with a 3M sticker. No swapping, no tools are required. A simple & safe DIY journey.
- 🎈 Even better with a Hub - With SwitchBot Hub Plus/Mini (only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi), control your SwitchBot remotely from anywhere and enable voice control. Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, IFTTT.
Basically, if you want to press any button in the home either through an app from across the room or anywhere around the world where you have an internet connection, the Switchbot Smart Switch could be just what you?re after.
What the Switchbot Smart Switch Button Pusher Does
The concept behind this piece of smart tech could not be more straightforward. Use the dedicated Switchbot app to push a switch. The product has been designed to fit just about any appliance switch out there, meaning that it is equally perfect for turning on the espresso machine and flicking on a dumb lamp around the home.
It is also fantastic for sorting out your smart garden, as?even we have not yet got around to putting Hue bulbs in the garden lights. Assuming?the switch is indoors ? we are not convinced that the Switchbot is weatherproof ? this item can be affixed to it in such a way that you can flick those lights on and off at will.
- Flexible, adaptable product that can turn a range of dumb home switches into internet-connected switches throughout the home and garden
- A choice of colours ? the Switchbot Smart Switch can be purchased in either black or white to match up nicely with your existing d?cor
- Great value. For the price, it is hard to think of anything else out there that can be used so diversely to aid in the quest of making your home as smart as it possibly can be
- There is currently no word on whether the Switchbot is officially waterproof, and so we cannot yet consider it as being a smart garden staple
- The product relies on a rocker switch, and so it will not be appropriate for use with absolutely every switch throughout the home
- Light and plug sockets are fair game for this one, but touch-sensitive switches or anything else along these lines will not work with the current version
- The original Switchbot Smart Switch does not work with most common hubs directly out of the box. For this, users will want to upgrade to the Switchbot Hub Plus for a small additional cost. You can find out more about this product in our full review, but the short version is that the device plugs into a spare socket and enables Switchbot Smart Switch Button Pushers throughout the home to communicate with Alexa, Google Home, Siri and more
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Last update on 2020-12-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API